- The Iowa Envirothon is a problem-solving, natural resource education program and team competition for high school students. It is teams of five students who work as a team to conduct hands-on investigations and answer written questions concerning environmental issues in five categories: Aquatics, Forestry, Soils, Wildlife and Current Environmental Issues.
- 2018 Regional Event Competitions:
- March 1 – Hawkeye Community College, Waterloo
- March 13 – Cherokee Community Center, Cherokee
- March 13 – Kirkwood Community College, Iowa City
- March 13 – Fairgrounds, Red Oak
- March 14 – DMACC, West Des Moines
- The 2018 Iowa Envirothon State Competition will be held Monday, April 16, 2018 at the Des Moines YMCA Camp – RAIN OR SHINE
- The 2018 NCF – Envirothon will be held July 22 – 26, 2018 at Idaho State University in Pocatello, Idaho
- High School students grades 9-12
- Reach out to Environmental teachers, FFA advisors, Local 4H, Ag teachers, County Naturalists, etc.
- The Envirothon provides an incentive for students to integrate and apply knowledge and skills learned while stimulating, reinforcing and enhancing students’ interest in the environment, related careers, and Iowa’s natural resources. Of course, there is also the incentive of travel, scholarships, prizes and prestige!
- Recruit a teacher
- Contact your local schools/groups
- Sponsor a team
- Sponsor a training/field day
- Donate to the Iowa Envirothon
- Find a local organization to donate to the Iowa Envirothon
- Contact CDI for any questions